Can you recommend video / audio editing and mixing software?

Wayne March 19, 2010

I’m a upcoming VJ and require a software package that will allow me to edit and mix video to a mp3 or wave file track. What is the best (and cheapest) software available and where can it be obtained?

1. Michael

I also like to use Audacity for audio
    editing
    because it is free and easy to use. On the other hand, more
    software’s are available for free in the internet.

2. Guest

Actually Audacity works on linux too, thats what I use

3. Eric Kilgore

I strongly recommend downloading ArtistX, Ubuntu Studio, or dyne:bolic Linux distros. You can download "live" versions of the operating systems that do NOT require you to install them to try them out. If you like it, you can install it. They are all customized GNU/Linux distros that are aimed at media creation. I just installed ArtistX and have yet to find a multimedia need that it cannot address.

If you are running Windows, you may want to try Audacity for audio editing (it's free) and works very well. If you are serious about the quality of your audio, you should look into ogg or flac formats. MP3 is really lacking in quality in comparison.