Can you recommend me a universal notifier app for multiple email accounts and RSS?

Erlis Dhima August 15, 2012

Hello there!

It’s been some time since I had the idea of a notifier in my computer. I found Gmail Notifier and some other like it but what I am searching for is somewhat of a universal notifier.

For example, a notifier, in which I can add more than one Gmail account, Hotmail, Yahoo and maybe other accounts and also have the possibility of adding a feed link, to get the latest news. In less words, a universal notifier!

Thanks.

1. Erlis Dhima

Hello guys! I am marking this question as resolved! I don't think it's the need to leave it anymore! I found Trillian & MailBell, to be great for this purpose! Thanks a lot, and please comment if you have something to add! Thanks again! :)

2. Ender

I have been using up2date for yours, you can add gmail accounts, and rss feeds as well, as well as twitter:
    http://www.fortedownloads.com/Lior-Cohen-Up2Date/
    Up2Date is a tray application keeping you uptodate with your GMail accounts, Twitter accounts as well as your favorites feeds.
    Support Multi-Gmail, Multi-Twitter Accounts + Feeds:
    1. Tray icon application - with tray notifications
    2. Multi GMail accounts notifications
    3. Multi Twitter accounts
    4. Send twitter messages
    5. RSS reader and notifications
    6. Password protected
    7. Lock / Unlock
    8. Pause / Resume notifications
    9. OPML Import / Export
    10. Smart feed refresh time

• Erlis Dhima

Sounds good! But as it seems it doesn't have a working download link!
      Anyway, I'm using trillian now but, thanks for your comment! :)

Mailbell works for me: http://www.emtec.com/mailbell/index.html

Its not free but you can try it for a month to see if it satisfies your needs.

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks Alan! I will try it too! :)

4. Min Shum

All I could think of for the PC is not even an app technically but a service - Google Reader - you can add as many RSS fields as you want, + it is part of your Google account so if you have multiple Gmail inboxes linked to your Google account, you will also be notified about email.

Of course, it does not support Y! and other non Google accounts.

• Erlis Dhima

I found FeedDemon & Trillian to be the best for the purpose...
      Anyway, thanks, google reader is one to consider too!

5. Jeff

If you have an Android phone check out http://UltimateAlerts.com

It has exactly what you're looking for.

• Erlis Dhima

Thanks Jeff! I was searching for a windows app! But anyway, I'm going to buy an android based phone this fall, so thank you!

6. Vipul Jain

since you are asking for a app to use in computer, why not use MS Outlook? :D

• Erlis Dhima

Yes! But Outlook is more like a mail portofolio.. You can read/write mails..
      But what I wanted was a notifier... Like to get a message in your right side of the taskbar, saying: you have a new mail...

I haven't found a universal notifier as such, but I use Trillian for all of my email accounts, social networks, instant messaging, etc. and FeedDemon for my RSS feeds. Both are free.

• Erlis Dhima

I use FeedDemon too.. But thanks for Trillian.. I will check it! :)