Can you recommend a text organization program that allows multiple keyword searching?

SRGR August 28, 2010

I need a text organization program that allows multiple keyword searching. I have been searching for a text (and possibly graphics) organizational program that will do what I need:

I need this program to organize and sort 500+ text entries. Something that will allow me to both search on multiple keywords and print/export the result.

I have been unable to find a program that will allow me to assign multiple categories to each text entry, allow me to search multiple categories and output the resulting text to be printed.

Most programs only allow you to organize by placing the ‘files’ in a tree structure. While that is handy, what I really need is the ability to search by multiple category/keywords.

ie. 10 entries with multiple categories assigned to each:
5 have category “august”,
5 have category “july”,
3 have category “work”,
4 have category “vacation”,
7 have category “vehicle”,
8 have category “food”

I need to be able to do a search for entries:
Show entries with ALL these categorys:
august
work
vehicle

I will need to be able to either export the data (with categories listed) or print from the program and show categories.

If anyone knows of a program that can output the results of a multiple keyword search, please let me know the URL so I can take a look at it.

Thanks Much!!!
SRGR

2. CrimsonCrow

If you are using a Mac try EagleFiler! Does searches for multiple keywords. Easy to pull up files that contain only and all: august, work, vehicle, etc.

Check out the reviews; this is one great app.