Can you recommend a task planner and tracker?

Karthikeyan July 22, 2011

I am searching for an application which has time as row head, one column for entering the schedules/tasks/meeting/ etc. (like a calender), and another column for entering the details for what I did, what I learned etc.

If the application is like Graph, so that I can click and drag to enter start and end time of the task, it would be perfect. Different colors for tasks is added advantage. If u know any software like that, please post it.

1. Saikat Basu

The exact format you are searching for is eluding me so far. But like me, why don't you customize an Excel spreadsheet and use it as a tracking tool. You can design the exact layout you are searching for, with colors and graphics if need be. I am assuming of course that you are using MS Office (you can use any other spreadsheet program too). 

In fact, there are quite a few templates in Excel close to what you are looking for. Check out the one under Planners. Look into the one called - 24 Hour Daily Planner or Time Log with Notes and Prioritized Task List .

You can also easily use Google Calendar. Use Event Details as your 'column for entering details.'

Hope the idea helps you out.