Can you recommend a service similar to LimeWire?

jesus November 21, 2010

Is there an alternative to LimeWire? It was recently shut down due to a court order.

I strongly recommend reading,

The Guide to Biggest File Sharing Networks: Pros & Cons
    http://manuals.makeuseof.com.s3.amazonaws.com/MakeUseOf-file-sharing.pdf

2. Uyraell.

CABOS is the very best bet I have found.
    It is based in the same code as Frostwire (which is itself a re-iteration of LimeWirePro), but nowhere near as prone to virii and similar nastiness.
    Cabos generally is not resource heavy, and does not seem to use much by way of system resources, The folders are configurable, as is the ability to share only those files marked for the purpose.
    In general, I have found Cabos to be safe, convenient, and extremely unintrusive.
    This experience contrasts exremely heavily with LW and FW, not to mention Morpheus, and MP3 Rocket. ARES2 is another good P2P though if you turn off sharing you will be blocked from downloading, because the system in ARES identifies you as a "leech" rather than a "seeder" or sharer. MP3 Rocket will hammer at you night and day for a paid subscription, while ARES will hammer commercial content at you even IF you select the "opt out" option.

Thus, Cabos is, overall the best bet for obtaining MP3's without going through the complexities and complications of Bit Torrent clients.

Cabos is available as a free download from Cnet Downloads, among other places.
    I highly recommend Cabos.

Regards, Uyraell.

I promise that you can not fully turn sharing off. Run a "netstat -a" and you will see connections to your computer from Cabos, with sharing off. Alot of ID theft happens this way.

3. Storm

try mp3rocket

4. Krut

why not just use frostwire?

5. Esger

Vuze is a bit different but a very nice service as well, with some very nice extra's.

Shareaza

BearShare, Frostwire, Fileswire, Morpheus... and alot of others based off of gnutella.

Be very careful with this type of software, I removed so many viruses that are distributed from Peer to Peer file sharing networks. Also Privacy is a issue, Generally every thing on your hard drive is shared out, Even if sharing is turned off.

8. Susendeep dutta

You can visit the link below for better knowledge and alternatves.

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/11/01/three-limewire-alternatives/

9. Zaithyn Galter

uTorrent or BitTorrent?