Adam

Can you recommend a professional screen capturing program for recording software demonstrations?

21 Jul 2011
21 Jul 2011 | |

I work for a software company and we are asked to demo the software on occasion. Our current process is to just live-demo the app through some web meeting software.

I would prefer to pre-record the demo to allow myself to edit the video and add an audio soundtrack (voice recording) separately. Do you know of any such software that will let me do this?

Two things that I hope you could address, though this may be asking too much, is how well I can limit filesize of the recording (quality, frame rate) and if I can smooth the mouse animation as opposed to how my movement is recorded. I’ve seen companies like Apple and Google demo stuff and the mouse always moves very fluidly – I imagine they have professional software which lets them do this.

Sorry for asking so much – thanks for your help and keep up the great work