Can you recommend a mobile handset with unlimited phone memory?

ravindra khandekar June 9, 2011

I want to purchase a mobile handset with unlimited phone memory.

Although I'm not sure what you are referring to there is no such thing as unlimited phone memory. Both memory and storage are and always will be limited in some way or another.

I think he might be referring to buying an android with large amount of internal memory or he might be asking for phone with such a large internal memory so that there is no need to purchase memory card.

Maybe he wants one that stores everything in the cloud? Like ChromeOS netbook, but for phones? That would be unlimited in a way, I guess. 

• Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Or maybe he is referring to the amount of Contacts, Calendar Events, Notes, etc that can be stored and not data like Music, Games, Videos, Photos.

ravindra khandekar I suggest you drop by GSMArena.com and browse around the mobiles you like and look at their specs to see if a certain mobile will work out for you.

I have the Nokia 2690: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_2690-3004.php
          In the DATA section of that sheet you can see it can hold up to 2000 contacts, 20 call records and so on. Was that what you where asking for?

This type of information can increase if the phone allows microSD cards since you can store the info there. So the bigger the SD card the better. At the moment I know there are phones that are compatible with 32GB microSD cards, meaning that the amount of contact info you can store in them is "practically" unlimited.

The Unlimited Phone Memory sounds more like a marketing ploy to tell you that the phone has more memory than what you actually need, so you will be paying for stuff you won't use ;)