Can you recommend a low-tech website builder to share files?

geek girl October 16, 2010

Recently I posted a question about a free and easy website builder service, but I got many technical sites in answers.

I want to make a free site on which I can manage a little community of my classfellows and where I can show and share some pics, videos and offer few files for download (ppt, pptx and pdf or MP3 etc).

First thing is, I don’t know anything about PHP, MySQL etc., so don’t suggest anything out of my knowledge.

Give ur opinions in favour and against weebly, yola and webs (or any SIMILAR). Thank you.

1. Rajendrasingh36

I have not found any link for downloading as you offer in your add. You give said add to reach to another link only.

what?

2. Jessica Cam W.

I think to set up a web space to share files, one dead simple site is Drop.io, where you can upload pictures, videos, etc. (up to 100MB) so others that know the link can view and download them. You don't have to worry about the website design or layout (you can customize the website background though). You can also get your own drop.io/ANYnameYOUwant.

If you're just interested in sharing files, why not use a service like DropBox or ADrive?