Can you recommend an ISO file creator?

Mariomaster100 July 10, 2010

Are there some free programs that read CD/DVD ISO files, so that I can make an ISO file from it? I want to mount it with Daemon Tools for when I have to use mini laptops with no CD/DVD drives.

1. Alice

There is no free lunch in this world. I don't think free tool can meet your need. I always use Wondershare dvd burner. It can convert videos to DVD files such as DVD Folder or ISO image.

2. Nitheesh
  3. Louis

CDBurnerXP does the same and is free as well

4. Aksht Kedia

imgburn.......

5. Elisrob

Visual Hubb does it and will burn a DVD after even though the developer went out of business before snow leopard you can still buy it from Version tracker - converts all your files anyway you like as well

6. Ahmad

You can definitely use ImgBurn. Then there's ISOBuddy than can help you out. It's one of the most fully featured applications out there. Also, in case you are only looking to read ISOs, try using your favorite archival software (in my case that's WinRAR and 7Zip).

Yes.I also like Alcohol :) So i recommend it to you

9. pceasies

I like Alcohol 52% (there's a fully functional free version, a bit harder to find on their site)
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5saqHOa5cDo&hd=1
    PowerISO, not free
    MagicISO, not free
    Nero, Roxio, both should have the option somewhere.

10. Jessica Cam W.

There's also ImgBurn which is free and has a portable version so you can just run it without having to install it. It has a 'Create image file from disc' mode which should suit your needs.

• Mariomaster100

Does Alcohol 52% back up old console games?

• Jessica Cam W.

From the CNET Download page, Alcohol 52% seems like a good candidate to create ISO images, though I should mention I can't find the free version (only the trial).

I'm not sure about backing up old console games, but I *imagine* you can create ISO files from those PC games that come in CDs. I just haven't tried it.

Mario,

most free CD / DVD burners can do what you ask for. Simply select the files from the CD and proceed to "burn" a CD. But instead of actually burning a CD, select to save an .iso file.

I use Deep Burner, but whichever CD / DVD burner you use should be able to do it, too.