Can you recommend me a good voice caller ID Android app?

Rajendra Kumar August 19, 2012

Hi all,

I have tried many voice caller ID apps via Google Play, but none of them are satisfying. All the apps I used had voice breaks while playing the contact name and so I would like suggestions for the best app or alternative. It should be compatible with my CM9 build Motorola DEFY.

Thanks in advance!

1. Kathy Davis

Why dont you try who called app....I guess it should work

2. VS Vishnu

talking caller

• Rajendra Kumar

I didnt Find a App with This name in Play store :-(

Hello Rajendra - you are in luck! The king of all caller ID apps recently got a great review on Gizmodo. It's called Current Caller ID. It's not perfect, but it is better than anything else out there.

CCID will check the incoming telephone number against several databases and websites. It will then display this information to you. It's one of the best things on my phone.

• Rajendra Kumar

Kannon,
      as i am from india Current Caller ID wont be much usefull for me , i have installed for a day and checked , although its not announcing the called name , almost all the contacts in my phone are not in their database , and evem when i signed via facebook into the app , it mismatches the contact photos , so i unintalled...
      thanks for ur post

4. Jack Giebel

I don't know if you have tried this, or if it is compatible with your phone, but Talking Caller ID works great for me: http://bit.ly/MA6r7g

• Rajendra Kumar

Hi jack...
      Thanks for your post , In-fact i have already used it, it will work when we first install, after rebooting the mobile , the app calls out with some breaks , so i uninstalled it

• Rajendra Kumar

HI Jack,
      Thanks for ur suggestion, infact i have already used it , the problem with the app starts after rebooting the mobile, its calls out the contact name with breaks in its voice .. so i uninstalled it