Can you recommend me good free software to monitor the time spent online and using certain apps?

saba August 19, 2012

I need a good freeware to take a note of the time spent on online and different applications in my PC. I was also wondering how these kinds of software collect data about the websites visited?

Thanks!

1. jrasulev

Take apart your mouse. Two screws are probably hidden under rubber glide pads. Cut a small piece of black tape and wrap it around the sensor next to the mouse wheel. Re-assemble mouse, no more wheel function.

2. jrasulev

Try TCPview

3. Elijah Swartz

RescueTime, SlimTimer, ManicTime, and Klok all have free versions for Windows. Other's can be found here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_time_tracking_software

I don't know exactly how it works. Obviously, it monitors your computer activity and then generates a report showing what you did while using the computer. I don't know any additional technical details. Perhaps look for more information on one of the product's help or FAQ pages.

• saba

Thanks a lot. Manic Time seems good. It has most of the things I wanted.

• saba

Thanks. Manic Time seems good. It has most of the things I wanted.

Something like this should fit the bill.Internet tracking is generally done by creating a loadable module that is injected in the TCP/IP stack to monitor all communications occurring through the network.

• saba

Thanks for your reply. The software you mentioned (WORKTIME) needs a license and not an free software. Do we have any free software in this category?