Can you recommend a free spreadsheet software for the iPad that is compatible with Microsoft Office?

Edyra Bennett April 29, 2012

I would like to create a VERY simple spreadsheet using some type of free Office software to download on my iPad 3. I use Microsoft Office on my laptop now, but want to use the iPad instead for portability. What to download, how to do it, will it be compatible with Microsoft Office?

1. Rene Raggl

You could try Google Documents. It's not an app, but it can work with Excel files and it's free. You could save the shortcut from Safari on the homescreen...

2. Anthony Murphy

I have read that cloudOn is actually a microsoft office substitute but i have to recommend Numbers, i know its not free and a bit pricy but its a cracking app and allows so many functions to be performed easily.

3. James

CloudOn is a great app that allows you to create not only excel spreadsheets, but word documents and PowerPoint presentations. You can even upload existing presentations and edit. I know it syncs with Dropbox, and I believe another cloud based app. Check it out at least, it works great for what I use it for.