Can you recommend an email client for Windows 7?

Lisanne Norman August 17, 2011

I was a Eudora user for years, but it seemed to not work at all and freeze when I moved to Windows 7 from Windows XP. I have tried Thunderbird and hate it, Eudora OSE and hate it because neither do what I want that Eudora Classic did.

I want to be able to choose my Mail storage location – NOT on the C drive! I need to be able to set up Filters and have the client learn what is spam. OK, to a fair degree OSE Eudora does that. I want some fun stuff like smilies showing as smilies, even if it is only basic ones.

I have two email accounts, both domain ones that I collect, no free email accounts. I won’t use a web based one as I need my emails stored on my PC. Free is good, but I will pay for a good one that does all the above.

I have read all I can on free client reviews and some seem so bad it isn’t worth trying them. :(

Suggestions, please?

PS your site says my web site doesn’t exist. Trust me, it does. http://www.sff.net/people/Lisanne/

You should definitely check out TrulyMail (TrulyMail.com). I've been using it as my main email client for over a year and I really like it.

Have you tried Poxbox Express? It's a thirty day free trial. If you don't like that, you could try Outlook or Outlook express. I think that's still inherently installed on Windows.

Varun Kashyap wrote an article on how to use Gmail as a desktop client, if you're interested in Google as your solution.