Can you recommend a DVD player and an external hard drive that connect to a TV and play videos independent of a computer?

kakete habbert August 6, 2011

I have no computer. Please recommend me a DVD player with a USB port and an external hard drive that can play videos and movies on a TV screen. Thanks.

1. Kaketehabert

i have a friend with a computer where i can get all the files i need and even right now my hard drive of 750GB is already loaded but it cannot play in my dvd player. please advise  

As in my previous answer you will have to be more specific what cabling options you need on the DVD Player and what file types you are trying to play.

As for not being able to play the files on your current player there can be several reasons with the most common being the Hard Drive being formatted in an unsupported file system e.g. NTFS when you are using Windows. Another reason could simply be that the codec or container format used for the files is not supported by the DVD Player.
      http://www.makeuseof.com/answers/dvd-player-read-external-hard-drive/

You will have to be more specific. What video and audio connections do you need? 
    HDMI (with or without Audio, Network, 3D compatible), S-Video, Video Cinch, Component ~ TOSLINK, Cinch (5 Channel, Stereo).

Other then that I am wondering what you need an external Hard Drive for if you don't have an computer to put video files on it.