Can you recommend a download manager that will resume the download after connection was lost?

Rick May 21, 2011

I was downloading a big file (543MB), it was almost done, but I lost the internet connection (ethernet cord was disconnected) and I had to start all over again. Is there any software that will resume the download, even if I lose the connection?

1. Nisar Ahmad

I would recommend Orbit Downloader. The best download accelerator ever. It has the ability of pausing and resuming the downloads. The one good upside about orbit downloader is that the process of downloading won't die if you lose the connection for a short while, say 1 to 2 mins. 

• Rick

thanks, but it think that the firefox add-on it's better because even after a reboot on the computer i can still continue downloading the same file

• Sean Schiraldi

Hey Rick what's up?  I've had the same problem for a while now (just a little too far from router and I often lose connection for a few minutes at atime) It sux for downloading.  Anyway, I have tried the firefox add on (dta) and I find it is terrible. It will download, say, a RAR file that's 100MB and it will be complete in a few seconds. Only the file will be an html file like 40k. I just don't get it. I've been all ove the preferences.....How is that going for you? Is there anything I should know? Have u tried the IE stuff (i hate to download IE but....) Thanks a lot

• Rick

i'm not quite sure what to tell you man, i didn't had that problem
          and no, i didn't use the other programs since DTA didn't gave me any problem

• Sanketpednekar1988

Hi Nisar, can you please tell us how to enable (if there is any) pause n resume functionality in Orbit. I have had a bad exp. with Orbit due to the same issue of lost connection which leads to starting the download all over again.
      Please reply.

• Rick

it's just what i was looking for, thanks for the tip