Can you recommend a cordless three button mouse that won’t need new batteries all the time?

Anonymous September 13, 2011

My cordless mouse (Microsoft) eats batteries like at a rate of about one set (2 X AA Duracell) every fortnight. Is there anything available that will give me more mileage? I do NOT want 5 buttons, as my thumb won’t leave the side button alone. I do need about a 2 meter range. For a desktop running Windows 7.

1. Rodrigo

I would recommend you the Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 4000. It´s not expensive, is well built and works really well. Plus, you get side-scrolling in the wheel as well as a customizable side button and a on-off switch. In the packaging it says the battery lasts up to 10 months, altough i've had not used it long enough so see if it's true, but compared to an older mouse i´ve had, which would eat out 2 full batteries in about 12-20 hours time, it's holding together pretty well!

2. Sonny Bass

Logitech Anywhere MX last about three months on alkaline AA's , bot has more buttons and functions

3. Paul D Pruitt

I gave up on cordless mice and keyboards.  Even when the need to replace batteries was every two months, it was annoying. It would be nice if there were nuclear versions :-).

4. Mulder

If you insist on using a wireless mouse, you are agreeing to the inevitable requirement for a constant supply of batteries. Should you find that objectionable, you need to use a wired USB mouse.

5. Mulder

6. Rayers7

You need to get a Logitech (such as the M315) that has a switch on the bottom to shut it off when not in use.

USB Wired Kensington mouse