Can you recommend an auto-feed photo scanner?

Maude December 14, 2010

I am planning a very large photo archiving project and need an auto feed photo scanner. I cannot take the photos off the premises so a service is out. I can’t find anything on the net.

1. auto detailing

Thanks very much for this wonderful blog;this is the kind of thing that keeps me going through the day.

2. Drew

Chris,

That would be like asking "can you recommend an open source cell phone provider". The problem is that even if you can get one piece of the equation for free, you still need the equipment to interact with the software, and you still need data plans to send all of the information for your Fleet to the software. Trying to find one piece for free can be a bit futile because you still have to create firmware for the device to interact with the software and you will still have to pay for the data. You may find that using a company which offers a complete solution will be more cost-effective than trying to save money by finding the software piece for free. Does that make sense and/or am I missing something?

Drew Sheahan
    http://www.VirtualFleetSupervisor.com

Drew,

is it possible that you replied to the wrong question and meant to reply to this question?

I copied and pasted your answer to the other question.