Can you recommend alternatives for the LiveScribe Smartpen?
Question by sahil /

Can you tell me any other substitutes for these Smartpens? The Livescribe pens are really costly with a minimum of 100$. I want pens to record lecture and note down something.

• Praveen Ganjam

All the above mentioned alternatives like Apen , steadler , or logitech cant record voice along with the writing thats what makes the livescribe so different ? Any alternatives to this synced note taking ?

the above question is rather old and as you see you have not received a response. I’m afraid I cannot answer your question, however, I recommend you to ask a new question. It will be published on the Answers frontpage and you will receive replies for sure!

• Praveen Ganjam

Thanks Tina for the suggestion. I did search the net and still dont find any suitable alternatives to livescribe. Hence ordered the same :)

• Jack Cola

For pen’s like these, you wouldn’t find them any cheaper. Maybe for $50 you could, but they aren’t wireless (Ie – they have a cord coming out of the top of the pen)

• Jim Newtron

At a $100, the Livescribe pen is a deal. There may be some cheap knock-off available from somewhere but it won’t be as well developed (read easy to use) and you will likely end up buying Livescribe later on because the cheap version didn’t work as you hoped. Cut back on the pitchers of beer for a few weeks and treat yourself to the best solution…

• Vignesh

APEN A2 can be an alternative to Livescribe’s smartpen.It’s really better than Livescribe’s smartpen because it can write on regular digitally which is not possible in the former smartpen.

• Sahil Dave

Thanks for making it a part of “Toughest ques”…waiting for reply… :)

i figured out, that the notebook and the ink tip for this pen is “special” and would require me to spend money every 5-6 months….i am student and cant do that…thats y in big puzzle !!!