Can you recommend ad-ready themes for WordPress v3.2.1?

Pravil November 26, 2011

Can anyone suggests some themes for WordPress v3.2.1 which are advertizement ready? Both free and commercial. Many of themes here The Best 12 Free Wordpress Themes With Built-In Ad Space The Best 12 Free Wordpress Themes With Built-In Ad Space Read More aren’t compatible with the new version of WordPress I think.

Thank you for that prime example of why ad-ready themes are generally lower quality than anything else. 'Maximum SEO' indeed...

2. Nsankowski

Woo themes has many awesome themes that are ad-ready and they're by far the most easy-to-use, flexible, and also great looking themes out there. StudioPress has some awesome themes on their Genesis frame work, but they're a little harder to use although they are more customisable than Woo. Woo themes are awesome. Highly recommended.

That's not ad-ready at all. 

4. rapidman

atahualpa  is a good 3.2 themes,a lot of option in it

• Pravil

Thanks rapidman. I will defenitely check atahualpa.

Cheers!
      Pravil

Not worth the effort. Firstly, avoid ADSENSE ad themes, as Google is heavily penalising them. If you're talking about ones with just 4 little 125px square blocks, then you can code them yourself very easily. The hardest thing to do with those is actually find the advertisers. I'd suggest you use any theme with a widget area, then sign up to a service like buysellads.com - they handle payment processing and the ad display ssytem, all you need to do is choose the style and add the appropirate code into a widget block. 

• Pravil

Hey James,

Thanks for the info. I remember your warning: "The Niche Adsense Farm is Dead" :). I would love to code the ad blocks myself. But I am just a newbie and I am still learning the things. It will be great if you can guide me to some articles where I can get some details specific to these kind of coding. I believe that I can get a normal theme and code it.

Thanks for your assistance

Cheers!
      Pravil 

• Pravil

Hey James,

Nevermind. I figured it oput. I can easily add the HTML pages to the side bar using the 'Text' widget. I believe this is how I can put some placeholders for the ads.

I have a different question though. Is it better to get a theme and edit it or is it better to start from scratch? Like designing a the page model in Photoshop, write the HTML code, style it using the CSS and make my own theme.

Cheers!
        Pravil

Great, good to hear you got it worked out. Personally, I only start with an existing theme and edit it. I'm no designer, but the process of turning a photoshop file into a fully XHTML coded site is no easy task. Unless you really have something dinstinctive you're after, just work with what there is. 

• Praviljithpv

Cool. Thats what I am gonna do to begin with. What about customizing/ editing atahualpa?

I'm afraid I haven't ever used that particular theme, but it doesn't look all that great. Go with something that provides the cloest final design to what you want, then customize from there. 

Hi Pravil,

You can find plenty of comercial templates at Template Monster, but WPSkins is almost entirely ad-ready themes. Mashable has an article on 11 source to find ad-ready wordpress themes which looks extremely helpful. 

- Jeff

• Pravil

Thanks Jeff. That is helpful. I will go through these.

Cheers!
      Pravil