John

Why do I keep receiving a SSL certificate error?

10 Nov 2011
10 Nov 2011 | |

I am having trouble figuring out why I’m constantly seeing a bad certificate error. It used to be fine up until a few weeks ago. I could connect to any site without getting an error. However – now I’m constantly seeing this error whenever I use Facebook or Google as an example. The certificate error varies every now and again, but here is an example of what it said to me when I tried connecting to Facebook about two minutes ago:

“edge.quantserve.com:443 uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate is only valid for the following names: a248.e.akamai.net, *.akamaihd.net, *.akamaihd-staging.net
(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)
This could be a problem with the server’s configuration or it could be someone trying to impersonate the server.
If you have connected to this server successfully in the past the error may be temporary and you can try again later”

Problem is – this has being happening for weeks. Should I be concerned? What can I do about this problem?