Why am I not receiving reward points for answering questions on MakeUseOf?

Alan Wade August 24, 2012

I am not getting any reward points for answering questions today. Is it something that can be fixed?

Alan

1. Somaiya Ebrahim

i just commented on, like 5 things this week and those didnt get counted :(

• Matt Smith

Hi Somaiya, please see Tina's points - there are a few reasons this may happen.

2. muotechguy

Hi Alan. Two things:

1. You have two accounts. I'm not sure why, but one is tied to a gmail account and that's the one I'm checking. Is it possible you logged in under a separate account and therefore points didn't get added to your usual account?

2. Ypou've got 140 points from answering questions in the last 7 days. I can't break it down any further I'm afraid - theres onlya weekly rolling total. Does that sound about right?

It's possible your profile number doesn't update immediately.

• Alan Wade

Thanks for getting back to me.
      The two accounts thing came up in my early days of clicking and learning. By that I mean I only ever use my Gmail address here but one time I inadvertedly logged on using Facebook, this of course is with a different email address hence the two accounts. I would be happy if you deleted the Facebook account as it is not used by me.

Not sure if 140 points in the last week is right but its something I will have to live with. Trouble is I only noticed that my points were not getting updated yesterday but as I said - something for me to keep an eye on.

Thanks again for all the help.

Thanks for a swift reply Tina. Maybe a few guidelines as to how the system works would be beneficial to many who post.

Alan,

You should be receiving points for answering questions. Pending a confirmation from James that there are no issues currently, the only explanations I have are that...
    1) points were not awarded yet. Sometimes there is a delay.
    2) you reached your daily limit of points to earn

James or Matt will get back to you as well and hopefully solve this question. :)

• Aditya Roy

Tina what is the daily limit of points to earn?

• muotechguy

Sorry, we don't reveal that to prevent abuse of the system.

• Aditya Roy

ya sure, i understand :)