Why am I not receiving points on MakeUseOf?

anthonymonori August 25, 2012

I signed up first with my Twitter account. Then I observed that I’m not receiving any points and my avatar isn’t showing up. It says undefined under my username.

After that, I added Facebook to my social connections, and tried to sign in again using Facebook. After leaving two comments, I still haven’t got any points, also my avatar isn’t showing up.

Anyone experiencing the same problem? Should I get some kind of confirmation via email, because I haven’t got any. Thank you in advance!

1. randy

Very good point Tina , well said !

2. Usman Mubashir

I wait up for some time, then points show up suddenly.

3. VictorGeis

I was having a related problem and it looks like doing what you said worked out! Thanks a lot!

4. anthonymonori

Tina,

Thank you! After clearing all my cookies and cache, I found out that my browser was blocking 3rd party cookies, which apparently didn't let makeuseof.com to show my points and avatar.

Have a nice day,
    Anthony.

Anthony,

According to our records you have gained 75 points during the past 7 days. Try to sign out of MakeUseOf, clear your browser cache and cookies, restart your browser or ideally your whole computer, and then try again. You should see your points in your profile.

Note that limits apply to how many points you can gain and what you can gain points for.