Why am I not receiving Facebook notifications on the iPad 2?

singhinthehouse April 11, 2012

I’m getting this weird problem with my iPad. I can’t get the notifications for the Facebook app for iPad. I don’t want all of them, but at least I want the messages to show. But that’s the real problem. Sometimes it shows the notifications, but not for the messages which is really really weird. Also I installed Facebook Messenger for iPhone to my iPad and it shows the messages notifications.

Also my mail app for ipad doesn’t push in notifications correctly, they are generally half an hour late, but I don’t get any notifications for Facebook messages from iPad Facebook app.

Please help me. I tried every other Facebook app out there, like Facely, myPad etc. but nothing.

P.S. Every other app shows notifications correctly. Please suggest any other app if you like preferably for the iPad not the iPhone one. Thank you!

1. Shell Webb

There seems to be a problem with Facebook app from apple ATM anyway. I have iPhone and having same problems with notifications not appearing or getting pushed. I checked reviews in app store and there seems to be a lot of people having the same issue. Hope this helps :)

Given that your email is also broken, perhaps your internet is dodgy. Did you check the settings for your email accounts? Not all support push - like hotmail, for instance. If you're using native iCloud emails, they will push just fine. 

Facebook app I dont use, so cant comment.