Why do I receive a “Win32 error” if I try to install SkyDrive?

David Levy May 9, 2012

I tried to install SkyDrive application to make it a local drive like Dropbox, but I am receiving a Win32 error. Anyone know what I need to do? I’m running Windows XP.

1. Chris Hoffman

You'l have to use Google Drive, Dropbox, or practically any other cloud storage service instead.

Microsoft wants you to upgrade from Windows XP -- they're trying to give you a push.

• zeeshan khan

I agree! I usually use dropbox to upload my own software and host it on the internet for people to download. I think dropbox is the best for me and everybody else!

2. abdul

my dear u just change ur windows once time they will be work if not than u change ur sky version ok

3. zeeshan khan

Usually when I get this error, I disable the antivirus and then try installing it. It works for me! If it doesn't work then you should probably upgrade your windows os.

It is not true that microsoft doesn't support windows XP but they have only stopped supporting I think service pack 1. So you can try download windows xp service pack 3 from the microsoft website if you don't want to upgrade your os to windows 7.

If you encounter "SkyDriveSetup.exe is not a valid Win32 application" error while installing the SkyDrive app for Windows, it means that you are still running Microsoft's lovely Windows XP. Unfortunately, Microsoft no longer supports it. If you want SkyDrive, you'd better run out and purchase Windows 7 or install Windows 8 beta. Whether Microsoft would change its stance remains to be seen. It would be so stupid of Microsoft if that's how they treated their royal XP fan base, especially its competitor Google Drive works seamlessly on Windows XP.
    http://www.techreviews.co/2012/04/windows-xp-error-skydrivesetupexe-is.html