Why didn’t I receive MakeUseOf Answers comment notifications in my inbox?

Vrancken René September 18, 2012

I asked a question on MakeUseOf Answers but did not get notifications of the comments in my inbox. There were three of them – why wasn’t I notified?

1. Ram Lalit

I am getting mine .check your spam folder in mail.

2. Angel Vinod

You must check email notifier when posting a question.

3. Fernando Garza

You should check your SPAM.

• DalSan

I have had the same problems with the notifications when someone replies to my comment, and I have done the whole routine of "missing email" hunting and trying to ensure I receive these notifications, but only get them once in a while. I'm not complaining, but it gets hard to keep track of the questions I try to answer, especially since my phone is just about the only way I can get on here most of the time, and I can't login into my account here from my phone.

4. josemon maliakal

I also had the same problem..but it was in ma spam folder ..lol

• Ahmed Khalil

yes, usually it goes to spam, if he use gmail he has to change these mails setting to be condiderd as emails not spam one

5. muotechguy

Vrancken, there are no problems on our end with the notification system at the moment. Did you check your spam box?

It might be due to glitch in system or might had got lost somewhere in the system during transition.You need to keep checking your link to the question if you're expecting some answers.

7. Tim Brookes

Vrancken,

I am sorry to hear that! I have a few things to say that might help:

1) If you are receiving notification of this comment now, I think you can assume that it was a temporary blip and things should work in future. As an author I've had no experience of this for a while, we did have some problems a while back but since the new comment system has been in place I've had little trouble at all.
    2) If this comment doesn't reach you via email, I'd suggest the usual "missed email" tricks - checking your spam folder, adding "*@makeuseof.com" to a safelist (Gmail filter) and checking to see if it was missed.
    3) Finally you can always keep track of the last 10 questions you answered using the "Profile" link at the top of the page, on the right-hand side next to your name.
    You can find your comments and questions there for quick access at all times, whether you're receiving notifications or not.

I have forwarded this thread to our website wizard (James, sometimes posting as "muotechguy") but again I don't think there's much to be said as we've not had any problems site-wide. He might ask you a few things, and I'm sure he'd be interested to know whether you're getting an email notification of this comment for example.

Good luck and thanks for using MUO Answers :)

Tim