Why do I receive an error when visiting Facebook?

sharron October 23, 2011

When I visit Facebook I receive an error message saying there is a script running slowly. It only happens when on Facebook. Anyone know what is causing this?

Thanks for sharing, Larry!

2. zac

virus

read about this from Microsoft.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500

It happens on gmail and firefox also.
    displays a similar error.

Perhaps it happens when the net is slow and page cant be loaded properly, or when you try to click something before the page loads and status changes to done,
    which does not let the script run successfully, as you execute it before the obejects with which the script is written to run are loaded..

Or because of a scripting error from the site which can't run script successfully,  thats why it keeps running, but cannot execute the code,and the browser asks you to stop the failed script.

just stop the script or refresh the page.

Are you using Internet Explorer?
    A script on this page is causing Internet Explorer to run slowly

It could be a scripting error on FB, a client side script your browser doesn't fully support (try updating or different browser) or maybe your computer or internet has a high utilization causing this error.