How can I receive an eMail notification for the FIRST reply to a question posted on MakeUseOf Answers?

Tilman December 6, 2010

I am a registered Disqus user. I receive an eMail from when my question is published AND from Disqus when somebody replies to comments I have made. However, I do NOT get an eMail notification for replies to my questions BEFORE I have commented on it myself. Is there a way to fix this problem?

I don’t want to be the first one to “answer” my own question just to get eMails from all further answers because then my question doesn’t appear anymore in the unanswered questions list :)

Lemme guess: It isn’t possible now, but MakeUseOf is planning to implement this feature in the next update of the website? =)

hey Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. This feature is on our to-do and will hopefully be added to the site very soon.

Aibek

• Tilman

Hi Aibek! Can you reveal a liiiittle bit more information about the planned schedule? I have heard by now already many rumors that you are working on a big upgrade of the website. Are we talking about a sweet Christmas present or more about something happening in the next six months?

hey Tilman,

here is a quick list of planned changes:

1 - new design (expected to go online by the end of the year)
        2 - new features on MakeUseOf Answers (by the end of Jan)
        3 - backend upgrades /optimization to make the site faster (by the end
        of Jan)

thats about it for now :-)

Aibek

2. Tilman

I guess we'll just have to wait until the MUO staff members fulfill our dearest wish :)

P.S. I posted this just to get an email whenever the next person writes something ;)

3. Little_Tee

I've got the same problem!