Why do I receive a device driver error when trying to install Windows 7?

AbdulRafeh95 August 23, 2012

I’ve been trying to install Windows 7 on my Lenovo G560. But at point setup says “A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing”. I don’t have any drivers disk with my laptop. What do I do?

go into the BIOS and change the SATA controller from RAID to AHCI, or to SATA if it is not On.
    http://windowsfixup.com/2009/08/windows-7-wont-install-a-required-cddvd-drive-device-driver-is-missing/

If the installation won't continue beyond that point, you could try installing from a USB flash drive instead. Microsoft has a tool that will allow one to burn a Win7 ISO image to DVD or make a bootable USB flash drive with it. You make need to use something like UltraISO to create an ISO of your Win7 DVD first in order to use it. Once you have created a USB flash drive to install Win7, see if the install will complete with that one instead and later see if Windows Update will find the appropriate drivers it wants to fix the CD/DVD driver issue.