Why are the rear and center speakers of my 5.1 Creative Inspiron T6100 not working in Windows 7?

chaitu singams May 2, 2012

I have Creative Inspiron T6100 speakers. All the speakers were working correctly in Windows XP, however, in Windows Vista and Windows 7 they are not working. I have tried everything to resolve this issue but no avail. While configuring the speakers all the speakers respond correctly, however, while playing music or games, only  the front speakers are working. How can I fix this?

1. Dayaanand1

Check if the audio output is set to stereo mode, if yes then change to 5.1 mode. Also try playing any soundtrack that is encoded in 5.1 surround.

Hello, is the default sound scheme in your system set to 5.1 surround sound or stereo? Does your system have an integrated sound card or a sound card by itself? Have you tried configuring your speakers with the sound software included in yor computer? If your sound card whether it is incorporated or by itsef, has 6 inputs, you might need to play with the cabling a bit.

Is your HD output selected as the default playback device? If not, you need to change it. Windows will let you configure any of your available output devices but playback will always go to the default device and most likely, your default device is the stereo speakers.