Is there a reader app that does text to speech and auto-scrolling synced with the audio?

hurricaneditka16 December 4, 2010

Adobe Reader has both features, but forgot to merge them so they work together. Adobe Reader has the ‘read out loud’ and ‘automatically scroll’ features, but like I said they don’t work together.

I’ve searched the web and of course MakeUseOf for an answer, but haven’t found this particular feature.

This would also be great as a mobile app for Android, iPhone etc. Using this feature is the only way I can ever see myself doing long form reading on these small screens.

Does anyone know of any app for desktop or handheld that does, what I’ll call, text to speech with auto scrolling sync or ttsass for short :) lol

1. Don H. Moris
    • Vlasta Havranek

agree, thx for the tip! balabolka does read PDFs and lot more, and does scrolling + highlighting while reading, just what I was also looking for.

and one more note: Blio reader supports only XPS format, but unfortunately only a special type of it, not reading aloud files converted with miscrosoft XPS printer driver...

2. Adam

thanks for the response but unfortunately none of those tools did the job. maybe Vocalizer from Nuance the creators of Dragon can do it but i couldn't find the feature listed and i did not download the software to try. however while researching the extremely popular dragon naturally speaking i stumbled upon Blio, Web Reader HD and Speak It! they all get the job done though blio is a complete package of tools for ebook reading. much more than just an app though their iphone and android apps are not published yet.

Adam aka hurricaneditka16
    --sry bout that

Hi
    did you checked Total Speech
    http://www.coolutils.com/TotalSpeech

or
    Dragon NaturallySpeaking

SpeechMaker ipad
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/speechmaker/id397517569?mt=8