How much RAM is needed to run Windows 8?
Question by Sourabh Yadav /

Browse other questions & answers in the category , ; tagged , , ; or ask your own question.

• Apple

Well to run win 8 on a 32 bit computer u jst need around 1gb n a processor speed of 1ghz

• Chavezery

I’ve Tested The Windows 8 Beta, And All You Needed For That Was About 1 Gb,
    (I Tested It In A Virtual Machine, Such As Vmware Player/Workstation)
    For The Finished Product Though, It Will Most Likely Take About 2 Gb For Any Normal Versions And Will Probably Work Very Well Under 6 To 8 Gb And Will Cap You From Around 150 Gb To 1 Tb. I’m Guessing That For Starter Versions it Will Take Around 512 Mb And Cap Around 4 Gb. Most Of This Is Just A Guess That I Got From Testing Though, So Don’t Automatically Think I’m Right :P

Since Windows 8 is said to run on ARM CPU’s which are usually used in embedded systems the minimum will probably be around 512MB on the low-end (e.g. a “Starter” edition”) and ~2GB for all features and eye-candy (on normal editions).

As for the maximum it will be the usual 4GB (including hardware reserved) for 32bit.
    For 64bit’s the theoretical limit is 16 exabytes (or 16.777.216 TB). We will have to see what artificial limitations Microsoft will set this time around. Looking at the current trend it will probably be somewhere between 128GB and 2TB

Well for 32bits will be max 4go, but you can use 2go to run windows 8 and for 64bits then you can use 8go at least.

The exact limits of memory support in Windows 8 is yet to be known. If the rumors about 128 bit Windows 8 is true, then it can support a huge amount of memory, virtually unlimited.