Rainbow coloured Haze display on installing Nvidia GeForce 9500gt PCI-e. How to fix this?

Kyem G January 24, 2014

I’ve got an old PC with Intel Pentium 4 Dual core processor and Intel D946GZIS motherboard.

I wanted to tune it up so that my mom can use it to watch Full HD videos and some mild gaming for my very young brother. Just wanted to make it much more smoother. I borrowed a XFS GeForce 9500gt 1GB DDR2 PCI-E from my friend. Already I had downloaded all the latest drivers for the graphics card.

But on installing it to the PCI-E slot and then connecting the VGA socket of my monitor to the VGA port of the Graphics card, the monitor display goes rainbow coloured haze from the booting window itself. I must have uploaded the photo, but there is no place to do so here. The computer gets logged in to the window but the monitor is all hazy. I can even not access the BIOS settings due to the haze.. Please help me out..

Could be a faulty graphics card or a power supply issue. If possible, test the card on another computer.

• Kyem G

No, I think my monitor is not getting proper signal from it... Changed my monitor wid my friend's and it worked.. Well I'm soon going to change my monitor n get a new one as it is a damn old LCD... ;)

2. Kyem G

I did it... It was set to Auto then I changed it to PCI-E. The same thing retained...

go to bios and disable on board graphic card, check, if this fix the problem.