How can I quickly add events to Google Calendar?

Tilman October 20, 2011

I would like to hear ideas on how to add events to Google Calendar in as little time as possible. My favorites ones would be if they would work:

By SMS -Works only in the USA where I do not live at the moment.

From the Chrome omnibox URL address bar (http://lifehacker.com/5715579/add-events-to-google-calendar-from-your-browsers-address-bar) – Requires me to click enter after typing and then click save with the mouse. Why can’t it add the event as if I was typing it into the quickadd box in Google Calendar directly?

So, I am looking for ways to add an event just by typing it and hitting enter, nothing more than that. I don’t want to use my mouse for it. And it should ideally work no matter which application is active at that moment. The ideal work flow would be like this – Press a keyboard shortcut (for example Win+C), type for example “dinner tomorrow at 7pm”, hit enter, and that’s it!

I don't think it is possible, unless somebody develops something for this feature.

Set a shortcut for google calendar, and then use google calender keyboard shortcuts !