Why can’t I put in my correct Birthday on Google Profiles?

February Stars September 6, 2011

I just signed up for a Google account to start a blog on Blogger. I wanted to enter my profile info before starting the blog. I can’t put in my real birthday, which is 29 February 1992 (one of those rare people with leap year birthdays, lol).

I get an error that says “Please enter date in format MM/DD” which I think is with a zero before the single digits. But I put in 02/29 and get the error, so I tried 02/28 and everything went fine. Why does Google seem to think no one could’ve been born on a Leap Day? I’m all set to just use GMail without Blogger and switch to WordPress or Tumbler! :-(

1. February Stars

Thanks :) Good to know I'm not alone!

2. Bugstomper

Google was programmed by BOZOs who don't see things as they are, but as they want them to be.

3. Bugstomper

4. Yaara

It seems like Google just overlooked this date and there's not much you can do about it. I just Googled it a bit and it looks like you're not the only one with this problem. Who knows, maybe if there are enough of you they'll change it!

For now it seems like you'd have to settle with Feb 28 as your birthday...