How can I get push notifications for Windows Live Messenger app on my iPhone?

Gustavo Ibarguengoytia July 7, 2011

I have an iPhone, not jailbroken, updated and I don’t get push notifications for the Windows Live Messenger app. I have checked the iPhone settings and I have notifications enabled in general and all 3 types of notifications for the app are enabled too.

I know I have to set it up to save my password and I have done that, but still nothing.

I do not have that email address setup in my phone, do I need to set it up? Or am I overlooking something?

1. GiraffeTurtleInTheOcean

That has also been happening to me, but if you set up your email on your phone, you will get a notification, but only for comments on statuses. But there is nothing you, or anyone can do to get message notifications. I guess we all just have to wait for an update.

There are general problems with (push) notifications ever since iOS 4.3.1
    Once they occur there isn't much you can do about.

The only solution which is reported solving it would be to restore the iPhone within iTunes and setup as a new phone (not restoring from any backup). Never tried it myself because I didn't care enough.

I can however confirm it's not only a problem with Live Messenger ~ Echofon, and all other Apps I have don't notify me either.

• Gustavo Ibarguengoytia

Mmmm Not quite sure I want to do that, I have my iPhone seriously customized and I am more lazy than interested in getting push notifications, I rather wait for an update LOL!

Thank you for your comment Mike.

Any one else?