Why do my purchased iTouch apps appear as “unpurchased” after upgrading to iOS 5 using a friend’s computer?

YozMan October 30, 2011

I was backing up my apps on a friend’s computer before updating to iOS5. However, after I backed everything up it told me it couldn’t back up certain apps, because the computer was “unauthorized”, which is untrue because the computer was/is authorized. Now those apps don’t work on my iTouch, and they all appear as if they were not purchased in the App Store, only they were, in fact all the apps that don’t work cost me money! So I’m wondering is there anything I can do?

Thanks,
Yoz

1. Jon

I had the same problem at first, it was telling me I couldn't purchase an add on for an app I already had on the phone because I hadnt purchased it! Weird, anyway here was MY problem: I have(had) a @me user id AND a separate Apple id that all my apps and music were purchased through, I checked the APP store under settings and my @me/iCloud id was signed in. I logged it out and put in my Apple ID

2. Jon

Did you actually login into the iTunes Store using your Apple ID on your friends computer? If not this explains the message that the computer is "unauthorized".

As for the Apps appearing as not purchased this further confirms my theory that iTunes on your friends computer wasn't logged in using the Apple ID you used to purchase the Apps.

Basically the restore put all Apps back on the iPod Touch but the iTunes account was set wrong [to the one of your friends computer].

I suggest to go into Settings > Store on your iPod Touch and make sure that the Apple ID is set to the one you used to purchase all the Apps.

you can connect from your phone to itunes store and download from there, at least one application to see if this helps you.