How can I publish and monetize my C_Programming website?

HARSIMRAN SINGH November 4, 2010

I am a student of B.C.A. From 1st year experience I have made a C_Programming website. Now I want to publish it online. However, I have no knowledge about this, for example about how to purchase a domain name, register it, and other paper work? I also want to get some profit from this website.

So please tell me how can I publish my website and how can I earn some money from this website? Thanks .

HiA "registrar" is a company that is authorized to register domains on your behalf, and sell them to you. One of the largest domain registrars is GoDaddy, for example or http://simpleurl.com/Note that not all registrars can sell you all domains. For example, the popular ".com", ".net" and ".org" domains are commonly available through most US based registrars, but for foreign based domains such as ".co.uk", ".cn", ".to" and the like you'll often need to locate the registrar responsible for those "top level" domains, as they're called, and register with them.IYour currently represented IP address o(ex 72.30.53.173=. "currently" because that, of course, could change. That's another advantage of using domains over raw IP addresses - using the domain allows the IP address to change without you needing to care.Once you've registered your domain you don't automatically get a working website or email. In fact, you often get absolutely nothing, except the ownership of the domain and the tools to allow you to make those IP address assignments.That's where DNS comes in.DNS, an acronym for "Domain Name System" (or Service) is the system and protocol that's used to map domain names to IP addresses and other information associated with the domain. Every domain has associated with it at least one DNS Server.The DNS Server does not have to be owned or controlled by your registrar - the registrar simply needs to point to it when asked about your domain.The important thing is that you have some kind of access to the DNS server's information so that you can control the settings associated with your domain.Like email.Many registrars offer email services for you as part of your domain purchase. Particularly if all you wanted the domain for is to have your own email address on that domain, those services are probably the way to go.Web hosting is all about setting up a web site. It's actually completely separate from email, with the exception that it too starts in DNS.There are several approaches to web hosting:•None. If all you want is email, you may not need a web host at all. If all you care about is that email@yourdomain.com works, then it probably doesn't matter that •Shared hosting. With shared hosting you contract with a provider to literally share some space on one of their servers - often with dozens or hundreds of other web sites. They give you a place to put your content (and often host your email), and all you do is point your DNS at the IP address of their server. Shared hosting is extremely common, and often very inexpensive - for example work with BlueHost, which offers a nice package of web hosting for $6.95/month. There are many other services in this space - as I said, it's extremely common.•Host it yourself. It's very possible, but typically not practical unless you're quite knowledgeable and happen to have a very good internet connection. RegistryDomains.com They use a sort of URL forwarding tht allows you to have the little website on your ISP, and they forward all traffic thereGandi.Net to monetize as it said above is a little difficult and will be linked to your connectionsText Link Ads (aff.) – The leader in paid text link ads.http://www.text-link-ads.com/LinkWorthhttp://www.linkworth.com/Text Link Brokers – Make money buy selling links in a directory on your site.http://www.textlinkbrokers.com/Direct-Link-Ads – Keep up to 75% of the ad revenue.http://www.adbeans.com/sell-links.aspxBanner AdsAffiliate Programs AdSense

• Harsimran Singh

Thanks you Brother for help .

2. Grizwald Yue

The easiest way to do this is to use a professional hosting service. I don't want to be bias since it's really a personal choice. My site uses a lot of bandwidth, has a large database, and needs to be up all the time (community site) so I chose my web host around those needs. All hosts will provide a way to register a domain, but it won't be free.

As for how to monetize your website...That's the difficult part. The first question is how do you want to do it? Selling products requires an e-Commerce site (i.e. Zencart). Providing software you've written for free and asking for donations is another way to go. The real question is, do you have something worth buying? Why should I, the consumer, pay for your product when has this product? Figure out the marketing part, then the rest is easy.