Should I get a PSP 3000 or Go?

aviral April 19, 2010

I am thinking of buying a PSP. What should I have: 3000 or Ggo?
I really like the huge screen of 3000, but go has a flash drive.
And can the Go be hacked?
We can’t get games legally here, pathetic net speeds. Will have to get it from a street shop.

1. psp hacker

your really better off buying a 2000. unless you want the extra MIC in the 3000. the go, if you just want to purely download games then yea get it. otherwise, its like a phone with gaming controls on it. and as far as what ive seen on the internet, it is possible to hack ANY psp system. it goes by 1000 easiest to hack 2000 easier to hack 3000 not so easy, psp go somewhat of a challenge. sony made different versions to keep people not only on the psp, but to keep hackers out because one would find the hack that lets you just have games on your memory card instead of having to pop in the stupid umd disk everytime. but otherwise, decide what you plan to do with it and buy one matching your standards.

2. amanda smith

I think the psp 3000. is better.. one of my friends got a psp go and is very unhappy with it.. the psp go is lite.. the psp 3000 has many facilities like u can buy a camera plus many umds with it.. in psp go the psp store should be operated through wifi and it takes lot of time to charge and there is not a wide range of games.. if u want to just watch movies go for psp go.. but i recommmend psp 3000.. the psp go sliding thing might break if it falls.. do take psp 3000

3. Adam Ray

I had the 1000 which I thought was pretty good (at the time).
    Over X-mas I bought myself a Go. It's lighter and smaller so when I first had it in my hands I was amazed by it. I have 7games (including a PS1 game) and 3minis and I still have 6.5GB of space left. It also has Skype built in (so does 3000 (I think))!

If you want a light and truly portable handheld games console, get the Go.
    If you don't mind carrying an extra bag for all your UMDs, then buy the 3000.

In the end it's your decision, and I know I don't regret my decision! ;)

4. Urza

I would definitely recommend the 2000 over the 3000.

The LCD panel in the 3000 is known for over-saturation of colors and interlacing issues.

5. Guest

Go with the PSP 3000, as the GO does NOT have a UMD disc drive, you can only get games on the GO online through the PS store.

True, GO doesn't have a UMD disc drive but it's small and can be easily fir into the pocket. My friend just got one and loves it. The only drawback it has a slightly smaller screen than PSP 3000.

If you're a hard core games I would suggest PSP 3000. On the other hand if you aren't planning to play much and getting the device for watching movies on the go and such I would recommend PSP GO.