How can I get my PS3 to play through my Dell computer or monitor?
Question by "Reggie" Bridges /

I recently tried to hookup my PS3 to my Dell monitor using a VGA/HDMI/RCA cable combo. After hooking everything up nothing happened, even after changing the input setting on the monitor I got nothing. Is what I’m trying to do even possible? Help!

• pp sanchez

i like to poop in my pants

You can connect a PS3 to a VGA monitor. You just need to correct cables which are easy to get on amazon. Also you have to set the PS3 to do this just youtube the instructions.

HiHow To: Play Your PS3 Through Your PC’s Monitor/Speakerhttp://www.overclock.net/playstation/191028-how-play-your-ps3-through-your.html#1, the best way, is for your pc monitor to be HDCP-compliant. This is the encryption code used by HDTV, and the ps3 uses it for all HDMI output. You can’t output vga from the ps3, or input component to a monitor, so it’s gotta be HDMI. Most monitors don’t have HDMI-input, but a lot of them have DVI input. You can convert HDMI to DVI with a simple, $5 cable because they are both digital signalsCheck your monitors specs and if it is HDCP-compliant, and has dvi or hdmi input, you can use your ps3 on it. You would need either an hdmi or hdmi-to-dvi cable. Once it’s connected and working, go into audio settings and set audio to be output through the composite A/V cables, and hook those up to a sound system.#2) a video capture card. Expensive and elaborate, but the only way to get the video onto your monitor if it’s not hdcp-compliant. a capture card allows video input into your computer. A cheap one could accept 480i video which you could relay to the monitor using software. A better one with component video input could accept up to 1080i, kind of expensive though. There are cards with HDMI or DVI input, but that won’t do you any good if your monitor isn’t HDCP-compliant, it still wouldn’t display it. Unless your PC could decrypt it first, which is unlikely because the industry controls what kind of hardware can have decryptors.NOTE: You can’t convert HDMI to vga, because one is digital and the other is analog. It would take hundreds of dollars worth of equipment to convert it. component video is analog but would still require much more than just a cable to convert. You will need DVI or HDMI to use the monitor directly, or else a monitor with component input which is rare.

How to Connect your PS3 on the Home LAN Network?
    http://ps3lanconnection.blogspot.com/