How can I properly tag my music in Windows?

Garrett July 28, 2010

I have 700 GB of music on my hard drive and I was wondering if there was a program that can basically listen to the song and properly tag it for me automatically. I could do it manually, but that would take forever. So does this fantasy program exist?

1. DerangedTaco

You want Musicbrainz Picard

2. Gdc2000

Jaikoz

3. Peter

I'm using Winamp for quite some time now, for Autotagging. Works in about 90% of the time. Live stuff obviously gives issues, so do obscure and rare albums, but I'm sure most programs have that same issue. I've tried some, but none really are too convincing in the easy vs use discussion :)

However, think I'll try out that Godfather program, looks pretty good!

4. Garrett

does anything automatically rename the music for me??

• Jessica Cam W.

Mp3Tag does automatically rename files according to tags.

5. nm
  6. Jessica Cam W.

You can try the TuneUp companion program for iTunes that fixes music tags by using "a technology similar to MusicBrainz, ‘FileID’ to fingerprint the song even without the proper filename – retrieving accurate metadata." And there's also MP3Tag.

7. William Brand

I use a Winamp plugin to tag my music.

8. Ricardo

I have not found an app that does that, but i did found this windows based program that says that it does what you need, it's called "The Godfather".
    http://www.cyberpunk.gr/tgf