Which programs need to startup with Windows?

Giang February 21, 2011

What startup programs are necessary?

I used Soluto to disable some for faster reboot, then my Synaptic Touchpad doesn’t function as before. I’m unable to scroll and zoom.

Hey Giang,

In case you need some help with Windows Processes check the following page.

Guide to Processes
    http://www.pcmech.com/article/guide-to-processes/

Hello, as a rule of thumb I would say you need your antivirus and firewall to startup with windows. That also applies to a real time malware scanner. Also you might want to keep software/drives that make your computer work as it should......like the touchpad

Only your antivirus is needed for startup.

I only know of SynTPLpr.exe being part of Synaptic software.

But the easiest solution probably is to fire up Soluto again and look through the disabled/removed startup programs in the lower right of the Soluto window.

I agree with Mike. Start Soluto again and see whether you disabled software required for your Touchpad.

If you're unsure, you can enable potential candidates one after the other. However, it's easier to just search Google for what each startup program does. This will get you to the right one faster.