What programming language is used to develop iPhone apps?

Ayman January 7, 2012

I want to design an iPhone app on my Windows PC. I don’t know what language or application to do for this. I heard I must use Objective C, and someone else said you can use Java, and another said you can use Flash. Which is correct?

1. Andolasoft

Objective C, Cocoa is base of the iPhone Application Development, but you need to know about using iPhone Dev SDK and need a Mac to test the iPhone app. We do help in iPhone app development. to know more about us and our services visit us @ http://www.andolasoft.com/

2. unknown

objective-c is right

3. Wayne

Here is an article about it. The article says, C, C++ or Objective-C. I have met a C++ developer that programs iphone apps in C++ and another that programs them in Objective-C.

4. Japh

iPhone App Development – Where to Start

Flash and Java are done using some kind of converter app, and the code you get will always be dodgy and possibly rejected by Apple. The only reliable and best way to program for iOS is using Objective -C, with the comprehensive XCode (free) developer suite. Unfortunately, you need a Mac to do this, as XCode is only available for OSX. 

Objective C (a hybrid of C) is the programming language used to develop iPhone applications. There may be wrapper-api's that allow you to develop in another language, but I don't develop for the iOs. 

Do you need any help getting started? 

How To Develop A Simple iPhone App & Submit It To iTunes