How do you program voice recognition on Blackberry?

huantino February 20, 2010

On my Pocket PC I used to be able to program a voice recognition command for each contact. Is there a way to do that with my Blackberry Curve?

Can you give me some codes about how to program a voice recognition on my PC. Thanks in advanced.

2. Vinny Panico

Your Blackberry doesn't need configuration and there isn't a setup process. All you have to do is press softkey on the side of the device and it will (by default) launch the Voice Dialing app. If it doesn't, go to your App Menu, then Applications. The Voice Dialing app will be there.

If you know how to get to the Voice Dialing app, but it doesn't recognize any of the names you read out, that could be a known error with the software. Here are directions from the VoiceSignal Tech Support:
    1. Switch the sorting of the names to "First name last name" and save.
    2. Open Menu -> Options -> Languages.
    3. Change the Voice Dial Language to another supported language (e.g. French or Spanish) and save.
    4. Go to the Language settings, change the Voice Dial Language back to US English and save.
    5. Launch Voice Dial.