Does anybody know a program to dim the screen lights while watching a video?

warly June 14, 2011

I would like to know if anybody (as the title says) knows of any tool that I can use to dim the lights of the screen while watching a video with a media player (video player not browser).

Sometimes I don’t want to use the fullscreen option but is annoying to watch a video with different lights and colors from the other windows and alike.

I used to have one but I changed computers and forgot about the name. If I’m correct the tool worked pressing F12 and as some YouTube videos have all the screen gets dark besides the video area.

Thank you for your time.

1. Raspal

This is my first post here, and I'm glad I may be able to help here. I use DarkTube on Google Chrome for dimming the lights when watching movies on youtube. It's available for all major browsers too.

http://userstyles.org/styles/40455/darktube-2-6

HTH,
    RS

try Display Tuner 1.7
    http://www.nicomsoft.com/dtuner/Don’t install DTuner if you don’t need it really.
    In case of problems try to disconnect power cable from the monitor immediately for a minute, it may help to restore settings.
    Try to use “Restore factory settings” command in monitor OSD.At this moment the following monitors models have serious problems with DTuner:
    LG Studioworks 563A
    LG StudioWorks 710E
    LG Studioworks 700S
    LG FLATRON EZ T710SH
    LG T710BH
    DELL 1905FPUnapprove | R

3. Jessica Cam Wong

The only thing I can think of is Lifehacker’s Dropcloth program, which, according to the website, “blanks out your desktop and all your running apps” and helps you stay focused on one application at a time.

Warly,we had a very similar question a while back, maybe you’ll find the answer there:
    Which software lets me blank out everything on the screen, except for a small window view?

try Display Tuner 1.7
    http://www.nicomsoft.com/dtuner/

Don't install DTuner if you don't need it really.
    Try to use "Restore factory settings" command in monitor OSD.

At this moment the following monitors models have serious problems with DTuner:
    LG Studioworks 563A
    LG StudioWorks 710E
    LG Studioworks 700S
    LG FLATRON EZ T710SH
    LG T710BH
    DELL 1905FP

6. Jessica Cam Wong

The only thing I can think of is Lifehacker's Dropcloth program, which, according to the website, "blanks out your desktop and all your running apps" and helps you stay focused on one application at a time.

7. Tina Sieber

Warly,

we had a very similar question a while back, maybe you'll find the answer there: