What is the best program to compress videos?

Kike March 10, 2010

NOTE: if and only if, whenever the power or ability to compress is the highest! Example, the best to compress photos, but not free, is: FileMinimizer.com
Thank you!

Kike,If you main concern is the output file size, then I have answered this in the following question.Can you recommend a video converter that allows to limit the output file size?Check it out.Aibek

I convert my videos that I need to be small to XVID using Virtual Dub. We did a article containing it here http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/compress-videos-send-email/

Xvid retains high quality and a low file size ftw!

• Kike

Thank you for your answers "asktheadmin" ! It's just what I needed, I'll try !

3. Taty

What format do you want to compress from and to? Do you mean you want highest quality or smallest size?

• Kike

For any type of video format, just reduce it to a minimum without losing quality.. And I refer to both, but most especially, to which I provide the greatest reduction in the size videos. Thanks Taty!

• Taty

Aibeik's suggestions are great. If you already have the file digitized, you can just import most files to Windows Movie Make (already on your machine) and chose how you want to export it and the maximum size. It does a pretty decent job.
        Also, AVS4YOU:
        And if you are ripping from DVDs, check Handbrake.