How can I produce music with my home computer?

Monte Babilius December 6, 2010

Can I build a computer to use as a music recording device, such as like in a recording studio?

1. Iron Tower

Yes, just as replies indicated above, there are many programs can enable your PC into a sound-recording studio.

And you can even process sound remixing/editing on your computer.

I would recommend you to make sure on which platform(operating system) your son will prefer.

There are cross-platform programs, and some of them are better supported. Some are free and even open source.

However, what makes budget less important is which program is best recognized and most widely used in the industry.

2. gus Pedigo

I use mixcraft and beatcraft 5 It is more than an alternative.
    It is actually a recording studio. Real good price.
    I'm a retired studio engineer and musician and I recomend it highly.

3. Mohitk117

You can use Fruity Loops, or you can search this on google: "Create music makeuseof" .... there are a lot of posts on makeuseof for programs and online sites for creating music! I liked fruity loops though... ...

4. SloaneW

I have used GarageBand on the Mac with my music students at school. I have been able to post their compositions on my school website, as well as recordings of them singing in class. http://bit.ly/CMESMusicBlog

5. Mostafa Khaled Beige

Ableton live or logic studio , they are a bit expensive but they are the best out there

6. Jessica Cam W.

There are programs that help you mix/make your own music on any computer you have so you might not even need to build one unless you need a more powerful system that can sustain all the media editing. Audacity, for example, is pretty good software to help you edit any voice recordings. Then there are some music-making applications you can try online to warm up: JamStudio and AudioTool.Some of the next ones are more full-featured (but still open-source) music editors and thus, have steeper learning curves, but I imagine most of the equipment used in professional recording studios are equally complicated:- Linux Multimedia Studio [Cross-Platform]- Ardour [Mac & Linux]- Jokosher [Windows & Linux]If you can afford it, you might also want to take a look at Adobe Audition.

• Montesblues

Thank you Jessica, My stepson is a excellent musician and he is really interested in music production. He will be graduating from High School in the spring and has decided to attend a school in Madison Wi. that specializes in such a career.