What is the procedure to play 3D movies using 3D TV and normal laptop through HDMI cable?

Dinesh Jangra March 16, 2012

How can I play 3D movies on my Samsung 3D TV (Model: UA46D6600WR) using my Dell Laptop (XPS 15Z) through HDMI Cable. I don’t want to buy 3D Blu-Ray player. I am very found of watching 3D Movies.

Thanks.

1. Ash

i'm wondering the same thing, would it work if i pluged my 3D HDMI cord that i use for my 3d bluray player straight from he tv to my laptop?

• Rodger

Majority of available HDMI cables support 3d/2d.

2. Richard McGrath

NO, your laptop does not support 3D play for video files from optical drive, you maybe able to what 3D movies from on-line streaming services, also you will have to check see if you HDMI Cable supports 3D if not then you will have to change your HDMI cable. 

You can only play downloaded 3D movies in Side-By-Side format - just use any standard video player that allows fullscreen (like VLC). I don't know of any way to get those format movies other than through torrent sites. 

There is no special procedure to do this. Just plug the laptop to the tv via hdmi cable, and hit play. There should be a 3d button on your remote to turn the dual picture into a single 3d picture. You will need an external amplififer for the sound from your laptop, unless it supports sound over HDMI also, which is rare. 

You may be able to download SBS formatted YouTube 3d movies, but there's nothing worth watching. 

You cannot play bluray-rip movies, specially formatted 3d movies (interlaced), or any other kind of 3d movies.

Does that clear things up for you?