Problems transferring from Canon Vixma 200 to MacBook Pro iMovie!

marc harding February 1, 2010

My cables are attached, but can’t get the camcorder to transfer to iMovie.

1. Dave Drager

I have the HF100 which is the model before the HF200. From what I've seen online, you simply import the clips using iMovie. Your camera should be detected as a device - does the camera screen switch to USB mode when you plug it in?

On my camera, I simply remove the SD card and plug it into the PC I want to transfer the video to. Its a lot easier than mucking with cables!

• marc harding

Have you been able to transfer from the camcorder to the Mac? I will try using a reader, but that is something more I need to carry around.

2. ænon1mus

Can you please share a little more information. By "cannot" do you mean that you get an error or the camera doesn't show up as a source. Have you had a successful transfer before?

I've got the USB attached and cannot get the Mac to recognize that the camcorder is attached----with my Sony Cybershot it at least knows it is attached for iPhoto and can click to transfer.

• ænon1mus

Have you got it to work before? Does Finder detect it? Does Image Capture work? What version is your iMovie?

The camera is brand new and has not worked with the MacBook before. Finder doesn't seem to detect it. I have the most current iMovie (2009). Don't think Image Capture is working. Thanks for your help.

________________________________

• ænon1mus

You need to connect the power cord to the camcorder. It's a precautionary measure to prevent the battery from depleting while transferring.

Hope that helps.