How can I prioritze my computer for my local network bandwidth?

Purna Chandran October 22, 2012

I am using a wireless modem with 2mbps speed. Both myself and my sister using the internet. All internet setting were made in my pc. Is there any possibility that i could get more priority over the internet in terms of bandwidth and speed on my PC?

1. Loreson San Juan

Change the QoS of your router. Some router's option are accessed by typing the IP gateway in your browser.

2. Douglas Mutay
  3. Boni Oloff

You want to get all the speed of your network?
    If you can access the admin then you can modify the router setting.

4. dagmarlena .

You need to get in your router and play around with the QoS. That allows you to assign priority to each machine hooked up to the router. Check on documentations and google around for this info.

5. Alex Perkins

See if your router has a QoS option, in there you should be able to specify that your computer has more bandwidth.

you may also use bandwidth limiter and install it to your sister's laptop/pc.. thhule the limitation so that your sister may also use the full 2mbps speed when you are not around.. try searching for it.. hope it helps.. :)

• Aditya Roy

NetLimiter 2 can be used

7. Harish Jonnalagadda

QoS settings, if your router has that function, should be able to fix it.

8. Dino Pearsons

If your wireless modem/router supports it, then yes.

It depends on the model of the wireless router. Check your router's settings for something called QoS (quality of service). That's where you can give certain computers priority over others.