What printer has the cheapest toner?

Mario comeau March 9, 2011

I print more then 500 pages per week and wanted to know what printer would be cheaper on toner. I’ve done all the settings to save, but want to get the most saving. Now using a Brother toner TN- 350.

1. Charlie The Facehugger

How did you both misspell prices?

2. Charlie

It would be nice if someone actually answered the question.

Charlie,

I think the question is tough to answer because, as Mike said, prizes can vary from month to month. In addition, it depends on where you are geographically. There certainly are different alternative toner brands in different countries.

Toner prizes may vary from month to month so there is no definite way to tell which is always the lowest prize.

As for lowering your printing costs there are various steps which might help:
    1. lowering the Color/Black percentage to make the Toner last longer
    2. get rid of unnecessary objects (e.g. Advertisements, Pictures when printing from Web)
    3. use compatible Toners from third-party vendors which offer the same page count
    4. use cheaper paper (e.g. 2% darker paper costs less but looks pretty much the same)

And the best of all don't print on Paper but print to PDF.